The season of a road trip is almost here. Summer’s high temperatures, dust and dirt flurries and heavy rain can all take a toll on the most critical systems in your car. Amid summer heat leads to the maintenance of the car, which also should be a top priority for every car owner.
With these vital services, however, you can upgrade your car and make it operate smoothly and safely throughout the summer and the fall. The vehicle needs extra care in the summer season. Following summer car tips will make your road trips memorable and smooth.
- Replace the Air Filter with New one
Severe winter can clog your car’s air filter with salts, and other kinds of debris and fuel efficiency will be poor due to obstructed air filter. The filter will get dirtier and clogged when drove on roads in the summer season. However, it is not always necessary to change the air filter, but it is best to take a look at it by yourself. But for a smooth road trip in summer it would be best to change it. Replacing car filters is quite beneficial for the car. Below are some summer car tips.
Benefits of replacing filters
- Fuel efficiency.
- Replacing filter will reduce emissions.
- New air filters will extend the engine’s life.
- Test your Battery
Battery issues usually remain hidden in winters, but the summer season has a more negative effect on the battery. Heat and tremor are the main reason behind the battery’s damage. To avoid battery damage, make sure that the battery is mounted correctly to minimize vibration.
Summer Car Tips to Secure Battery
- Check the coolant level of battery after some time.
- Diagnose the battery and make sure that brackets are entirely securing the battery.
- Make sure that cable is tight and securing the battery.
- One of the summer car tips also includes upgrading of battery if it is old or slightly damaged. Older version of battery’s fluid evaporates quickly and leads to an overheated battery.
- Check water levels.
- Car’s Tire Pressure
If one drives with under pressured tires in the summer season, then there is a possibility that tire will puncture due to the high temperature of the road. Check your car’s tire pressures which include spare pressure, at least once a month, as tires usually lose about one pound of pressure each month through the leakage.
Best ways to Maintain Tire’s Pressure
Test tire pressures when the tires are cold for the most precise reading. Please follow the inflation pressure instructions in the vehicle owner’s manual or on the tire warning label found in the glove box or on the driver’s sign. This summer car tip will prove to be quite beneficial for long road trips.
- Inspect Brakes
Check the brakes after extended exposure to heat like in summer season. Allow an expert to check pad wear, leaks and scratched brake disc. Brake pads typically need to replace after every 20,000 to 40,000 miles. However, the lifespan of brakes varies on how and where you are driving your car. For instance, brake pads lose quicker in city driving than freeway driving.
Tips on Preserving Breaks
Summer car tips on protecting brake will maintain brake in the best condition for an extended period. Below are mentioned some tips to protect brakes.
- Do not touch both pedals with both feet simultaneously.
- Flush the fluids of brake to maintain internal components.
- Use the best quality of replacement brake pads.
- Check the oils regularly
It is essential to check the oil after driving the car even for a few minutes. Many experts recommend changing the oil after driving 3000 miles. However, some also recommend changing the oil every 7500 miles. If the oil isn’t maintained, then it can damage your car.
Summer Oil Tips
- One of the summer car tips includes the use of multi-viscosity oil.
- Use synthetic oil.
- Change oil regularly.
- Double-check Car’s Lights
A lot of maintenance is necessary for the car before the summer season. Check lights of your vehicle because damaged lights are one of the common reasons for being pulled over. Note this down as summer car trips for best road trips.
Tips for unstoppable Trips in summer
- Check the lights as you turn lights on or off.
- It is essential to check headlights, fog lights and turns signals.
- From the back of your car, make sure to check turn signals, brake lights and running lights too.
Above summer car tips are all you need this summer for your car. Maintain your vehicle and check its batteries and tire’s pressure for smooth trips. Last but not least, advice, allow an expert to maintain your car because this will upgrade your car’s performance. A car needs a different kind of maintenance in the summer season because of high temperature. Essential maintenance is all you need this summer.